A COSTA del Sol charity is hosting a gala dinner to help its fight against mitochondrial disease.
The debilitating physical, developmental and cognitive disease affects as many as one in 4,000, according to recent statistics.
Now non-profit organisation Service in Satchidananda is collaborating with the National Mitochondrial Association to host a fundraising gala dinner in San Roque, with talks from leading experts on the disease.
Vice-president Shanalle Bacarese-Hamilton, whose seven-year-old daughter Talia has a very rare mitochondrial disease, said they charity is determined to build a national register of patients.
““It really is the first step to implementing change as there’s no cure at the moment.
“In the association there is a lot of love and support – we just want all patients to be known and supported.”
Mitochondrial disease saps the sufferer from energy to such a degree that organs and systems can be damaged with loss of abilities from walking and talking to swallowing.
Tickets cost €85 for the gala dinner – at Alcaidesa Golf Hotel on April 24 at 8pm – and include a DanceWorks performance, welcome drinks and a three course meal.
To find out more or buy tickets call 687799856 or email [email protected]
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25