A TEENAGER has been arrested after he threatened to bomb the Copa del Rey final between Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao.
The 17-year-old wrote on social media that he was preparing an attack on May 30 at Barcelona’s Camp Nou stadium.
Spanish police are now pressing charges.
“The National Police have charged a young man who threatened an attack at Camp Nou in the final of the Copa del Rey,” a police spokesman said on Thursday.
“The accused, 17, posted on a social network site several comments relating to the sporting event.
“In one of them, he claimed he was preparing a set off a bomb on the day of the match.”
The teenager, from the town of Molina de Segura in Murcia, posted several comments on social media in which he claimed he would ‘let off a bomb’ in the showpiece fixture on May 30.
Soon after he deleted his Twitter account but police were able to track him down due to the number of retweets his posts received.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36