UNEMPLOYMENT in Spain fell by 63,200 in March, suggesting that the nation really is rising from the ashes of the crisis.
This makes it the highest single month reduction in joblessness since 2002 according to the seasonally adjusted statistics.
The Basque Country is the only region in Spain that has not seen its jobless rate fall, recording instead an increase of 510 unemployed over the year.
While a total of 4.45 million are still unemployed in Spain, this is down 323,927 on one year ago.
Spanish consumer confidence is improving and the economy looks to be in recovery mode.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25