Spain bagged four of Europe’s top 10 golf destinations in an Avios Airmiles Value Tracker poll, the outright winner being Balearic capital Palma and Gibraltar coming second.
Alicante came third, and the Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol also made the top 10.
In Portugal, the Algarve and Lisbon came in fourth and sixth respectively.
A survey across of 3,000 estate agencies revealed that many properties near golf courses actually increased in value during the financial crisis. Such properties near golf courses also attract bigger spenders.
Interestingly, many property owners living near golfing resorts don’t indulge in the game, but choose to live there due to the luxury facilities and green spaces offered.
Murcia and Valencia, although missing from the list, are also popular Spanish golfing destinations.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25