FOREIGN buyers are back, big-time, adding a welcome boost to the Spanish property market.
Last year, a total of 4,397 properties were sold to non-residents in Spain, a 7.4% increase on 2013 and 22% more than 2012.
In the case of agent RE/MAX Top, which has offices in Marbella and Malaga, foreign buyers make up the vast majority of their clients.
“Around 80% of purchasers in our Marbella office and 50% of purchasers in our Malaga office are foreign,” says RE/MAX Top CEO Miguel Bilbao.
“With tourism on the increase again and another record summer expected, we predict a high volume of summer tourists looking at property while they are here, particularly from the UK where the strong pound makes the investment even more appealing.”
A large percentage of purchases in 2014 were for top level, luxury properties, located in high-end tourist areas such as the Costa del Sol.
“There’s definitely more demand for the best properties and those in the most desirable areas are selling fast,” adds Bilbao.
“However there’s also a lot of interest in the lower end of the market for the more affordable properties in areas, such as the east of Malaga, where we’ve seen a lot of demand from over-50s British buyers.”
For more info email [email protected] or visit www.remaxtop.es
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00