IT is anything but the perfect start to your regular Saturday radio show.
Perhaps rushing to get on the air after a lazy weekend lie in, David ‘the Dogman’ Klein appears to have arrived at Talk Radio Europe, in San Pedro, in something of a fluster.
Rather than putting on the brakes as he parked his brand new €60,000 white Range Rover Freelander Evoque, the 78-year-old animal trainer rammed it forward into the gates of the station.
Suffering the mother of all parking nightmares, the pensioner managed to crash his shiny white car right through the double glass sliding doors of the studio, in La Colonia.
In a highly embarrassing turn of events for the station, nobody could enter or exit for an hour, while Klein’s show had to be cancelled and a replacement presenter stood in.
With the car almost a write off, a tow truck had to be called to pull the vehicle from where it had become wedged.
“It was one of the funniest things that has ever happened to the station,” revealed a witness. “It was wedged good and proper.
“David was very clearly shaken up, but it is lucky for him that it was not during the week when there could have been children coming out from the next door kindergarten.”
It has not been a good spring for Klein, whose recent holiday in Las Vegas with wife Susan turned into a nightmare when he was struck down with pneumonia.
He told a newspaper he had been forced to stump up thousands in medical costs, after being bamboozled by American health authorities.
When asked for comment, Klein told the Olive Press: “I want nothing to do with the Olive Press. No comment.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44