THE legendary yacht rally from Gibraltar to Morocco is set to take place this month.
Kickstarting the summer sailing calendar, the Gibraltar to Morocco Smir Yacht Rally is sponsored by Ocean Village and Boat Shed Gibraltar and departs Friday 12.
Last year saw a record entry of 34 boats of all sizes, but more than 35 have already been registered this time round.
With many companies sponsoring the highly popular event – dubbed the most sociable rally in the world – organisers are confident of beating last year’s £2,000 raised for Red Cross.
There will be a Skippers briefing at Dusk on Thursday 11 June – with canapés and drinks from 7pm – before the boats all set off for Morocco at 1pm the next day.
The fun really begins upon arrival though, with a wine and cheese party, before a Saturday spent exploring the local souk or beaches before a fancy dress fiesta.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44