A FRUSTRATED resident dumped a bottle of sewage at Gibraltar’s housing department after being regularly ignored.
Diane Sattler staged her dirty protest after the department failed to respond to her complaints that her house was flooded with raw sewage.
But now, to add insult to injury, Sattler has now been fined £100 for her stunt.
Having filed numerous reports over a three week period Sattler had literally had it up to her ears.
Taking the law into her own hands, she stormed down to the housing department’s office and emptied the contents of a shopping bag on the counter.
Alongside the offending bottle, Sattler dumped a pink sponge and other sodden cleaning materials on the front desk.
Ms Sattler was charged and fined for littering at the Magistrates Court despite airing his complaints about the ‘inefficient department’.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36