GLASSES are a fantastic accessory which can be a great reflection of your personality and a real fashion statement.
Ahead of the launch of our Specsavers’ Spectacle Wearer of the Year Competition on 1st June, we wanted to answer your questions about how to choose the right glasses to make you look fabulous.
What things should I consider when choosing a pair of glasses?
Consider your face shape, colouring and style. Different style glasses will suit different face shapes and by choosing colours that match your hair colour and skin type, you can find the glasses which complement you perfectly. Think of your glasses as an extension of your wardrobe and an accessory to dress your face! This way you will complement your fashion sense with your glasses choice and set off your look perfectly.
What style glasses suit round faces?
A round face is fairly short with a wide forehead, full cheeks and a round chin. If you have a round shaped face you should consider angular or geometric styles as they draw attention to the top half of the face. You should avoid oval or round shaped frames
What colour frames would work with blonde hair and fair skin?
Try lightweight styles with delicate colour effects. Experiment with colours that add warmth to your skin tone. Avoid dark, heavy styles, cold colours such as blues and greens, and light-coloured metals. If you blush easily, avoid pinks and amber.
There are Specsavers stores in Fuengirola and Marbella and they are launching the Spectacle Wearer of the Year Awards on June 1st. People can enter between the 1st June and the 5th July via Facebook and online at en.specsavers.es/loveglasses by submitting a picture of themselves in their glasses.
Anyone from the age of 16 or over can enter and there are five age categories; 16-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-59, 60+.
The person crowned the overall Spectacle Wearer of the Year will win €500 and a pair of designer frames. There will also be a semi-finalist from each age category who will each win a pair of designer frames worth €159.
- Eyewear by luxury fashion house Kenzo at Specsavers Opticas on Costa del Sol for limited time only - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 12:00
- Take heed of this eye care advice for World Sight Day - 11 Oct, 2018 @ 15:14
- There’s lots to consider when making the switch to contact lenses - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 10:20
- Kylie Minogue launches new range of eyewear with Specsavers - 25 May, 2018 @ 12:12
- Ask the Optician: For the full spec on eyewear from Marbella specialists - 6 Jan, 2018 @ 15:05
- CHRISTMAS WISH: Support the ONCE fundraising campaign at Specsavers Opticas - 9 Dec, 2017 @ 15:12
- All your questions about contact lenses answered - 21 Aug, 2017 @ 09:34
- Ask the Optician – What is Digital Retinal Photography? - 7 May, 2017 @ 16:00
- The leading cause of severe sight loss for over 55s in the western world - 31 Mar, 2017 @ 21:15
- Specsavers: There is a perfect pair of specs for everyone - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 17:36