LIONEL Messi’s girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo has been rushed to hospital.
Only days after receiving a vicious kick to the ribs by the Chilean defender Gary Medel, FC Barcelona football superstar Lionel Messi was at his girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo’s hospital bedside.
Roccuzzo, five months pregnant with the couple’s second child, was hospitalized early on Tuesday at the Hospital Español de Rosario, in Argentina, with a urinary infection.
Messi, Roccuzzo and their two-year-old son Thiago arrived in Rosario, Messi’s hometown, following Argentina’s defeat by Chile in the Copa America finals.
Despite Messi’s opening goal, Argentina lost on penalties, leaving Messi still without a major title with the Argentinian team.
During the final match, Messi’s parents and two brothers were harassed in the stands, with Chilean fans yelling insults and hurling objects.
According to the Telam news agency, the infection will not affect her pregnancy. She is on a course of antibiotics, and according to the hospital is responding well to the treatment.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29