A LEADING British builder is set to create 700 new jobs on the Costa del Sol.
Taylor Wimpey has confirmed it is to invest €21 million to build 48 apartments and 55 houses at La Cala Resort in Mijas Costa.
The massive homebuilder is to construct the homes over five years beside the three golf course resort and spa.
Highlighting a growing confidence in the Spanish economy, the development is the second to be built by Taylor Wimpey in La Cala, after constructing 60 luxury homes there in 2014.
“This is great news and a huge investment in the area,” said Andalucia director Ignacio Osle.
“We were so successful last time we have decided to go one step further.”
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25