JULIO Iglesias has cancelled his scheduled performance at Marbella’s Starlite music festival.
The concert, scheduled for August 5, was much anticipated by Spaniards and expats alike, as the Spanish singer-songwriter enjoys international fame.
Iglesias, who suffers from chronic back pain, said that doctors have advised him not to perform until his health improves.
The singer is a regular at the Starlite festival and has indicated his intention to perform at the event in 2016.
Iglesias is the father of another international star, Spanish-American singer Enrique Iglesias, who is scheduled to perform at Starlite on August 13.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00