CILLA Black has died at her Costa del Sol holiday home.
Local police have confirmed that the 72-year-old showbiz legend is dead, believing that she passed away from natural causes.
The British national, whose real name is Priscilla White, is thought to have arrived in Spain with one of her sons just days ago.
The shutters are closed in her property but some of the lights were on.
This afternoon one of her sons was spotted arriving at the villa with a number of shopping bags. His other three brothers are said to be set to join him at the villa tomorrow.
The Olive Press is awaiting news of the autopsy for the much-loved TV star who told press recently that she did not wish to live beyond the age of 75.
It came after she complained of serious hearing loss and a ringing in her ears.
A long time visitor to her home in the El Paraiso area, she was often seen out and about with friends including Cliff Richard and Max Clifford.
Just last year Cilla’s Spanish villa – which she visited most Augusts – was damaged by fire. She was in the UK when her Estepona home was engulfed in flames. Read more… Cilla Black’s Costa del Sol villa damaged by fire
Just last year the Olive Press revealed that huge rock legend Gary Moore died while staying in the nearby Kempinski hotel.
More to follow…
Twitter tributes to a ‘National Treasure’
Dear #Cilla our 60's pop icon, a true star of Sat Night TV & a friendly, caring, generous lady. A Lorra Lorra love & gratitude Cilla. Noel
— Noel Ernest Edmonds (@NoelEdmonds) August 2, 2015
— Joan Collins (@Joancollinsdbe) August 2, 2015
Such happy memories of the wonderful time we had in Barbados dearest Cilla Black you were sharp and witty and a lorra lorra fun #cillablack
— Arlene Phillips CBE (@arlenephillips) August 2, 2015
So so sad to hear the news that we have lost one of my heroes, Cilla you were one incredible lady! Sending all my love to her family. X
— Holly Willoughby (@hollywills) August 2, 2015
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25