GIBRALTAR’S Deputy Chief Minister Dr Joseph Garcia has called on the UK government to ‘guarantee’ the safety of British territorial waters around Gibraltar.
His comments were made at the Liberal Democrats conference in Bournemouth, where Sport and Culture Minister Steven Linares was also in attendance.
The pair hosted the traditional Gibraltar reception, updating delegates on recent developments on the Rock, specifically the continued incursions from Spanish vessels.
Garcia explained that Spanish state vessels had entered British Gibraltar Territorial Waters 129 times in August and 80 times so far in September, with varying degrees of seriousness.
He then outlined the latest situation at the border, where the Spanish side continues to slow down the queue at their whim.
He then discussed Gibraltar’s cooperation with the UK in the referendum on remaining within or leaving the EU.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44