A SHOCKING video has emerged of an exhausted donkey being dragged and kicked in Mijas Pueblo.
The clip (below) shows two men struggling to force the donkey to stand up, and eventually succeeding to the cheers of the watching crowd.
However, the cruel scenes – published on the Podemos Mijas Facebook page – have sparked outrage.
A petition calling for everyone to ‘boycott Mijas Pueblo until they do something positive to help stop this cruelty’ already has 480 signatures.
While Podemos Mijas has promised it is working on a motion to help improve the conditions of the donkeys working in Mijas Pueblo.
The ‘burro taxis’ are a famous part of Mijas, and offer rides around the village to tourists. However, questions have long been asked about their treatment, especially having to work long days in the hot sun with little shade.
Watch the video here…
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44