THIS month’s Shaw Marketing Services’ networking event for the Western Costa del Sol will donate 100% of its proceeds to providing free meals for the homeless and vulnerable.
The bilingual networking event, aimed at connecting local businesses in a friendly environment, will be held on Wednesday 21 October in Pueblo Nuevo, Sotogrande.
Entry costs €5 and includes activities and refreshments, with all the money going to Nuevo Hogar Betania charity, based in La Linea de la Concepcion.
Each entry fee will allow the charity to feed two very vulnerable people, with the overall target to fund at least 100 meals.
The event is being supported by San Roque Town Hall, Specsavers in Marbella and the Hairy Lemon in Sotogrande.
Marketing expert Georgina Shaw, organising the event, said: . “I strongly believe that all businesses should make a positive impact on their community and our October networking event will be a great way to support businesses while raising much-needed funds.
“We hope as many people as possible will come and take part,” she added.
The event will take place from 6:30pm to 8pm in the Sala Multiusus, next to the church in Pueblo Nuevo.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44