ONE of the world’s most highly regarded professional training centres is relaunching in Gibraltar.
The Pitman Training Franchise, based on Main Street, is offering training courses and diplomas for individuals and employers.
Courses include general office skills, accounting, touch-typing, PA and social media.
There will be an open day held tomorrow (Thursday 23 October) from 1-6pm in the training centre – located opposite the Gibraltar Arms pub.
Pitman Training Group’s Managing Director Claire Lister will be on hand to officially open the centre.
Project director Brenda Cuby told the Olive Press: “The IT courses are especially important for Gibraltar, as so much of the job market here involves computers and there is no other local local IT training.
“We have mothers returning to work who want to burhs up on their skills, students who see it as a more practical alternative to university and anyone who wants to gain an extra skill.
“We teach essential skills that are very hard to learn on the job.”
Courses vary in length and can be undertaken largely from home or by coming into the centre, which closed down in Gibraltar after inactivity this June.
The Pitman Training Franchise has 10 international centres, including Palestine and India.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44