A GAY priest defrocked by the Vatican who left for Barcelona with his Catalan boyfriend has blasted the Catholic Church.
Krzysztof Charamsa was sacked after admitting he was gay before a bishop’s meeting in Rome on family values.
The 43-year-old Polish priest left for Barcelona with boyfriend Eduard three weeks ago and revealed many of his former Vatican colleagues were gay.
“I know many people who were in the Vatican who were gay. You must hate it, you must hide it.
“It’s a problem of irrational homophobic violence of the Catholic church. Hypocrisy.”
Charamsa worked for 12 years in the Vatican before writing his resignation letter to Pope Francis.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00