SIX new buses are set to make travelling to and from the Upper Town a whole lot easier.
Current services to the Upper Town and Mount Alvernia are quickly becoming unreliable and expensive to run.
The new Ford Transit buses conform to the latest Euro 6 emission guidelines and will be fully operational in the new year.
Public Transport minister Paul Balban said: “It was important to ensure that these buses provide the best possible solution for our unique road and environment.
“I think that we have achieved exactly that.”
The steep inclines of Upper Town require the buses to be powerful, while also providing a cool environment in the hot summer temperatures.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44