THE thrill must have been giddy, albeit fleetingly, when a Spaniard became the world’s richest man.
Inditex giant Amancio Ortega outstripped Bill Gates for just a handful of hours when the contents of his sizeable commercial piggy bank shot up in value on the stock exchange.
The magnate was worth a massive €72 billion compared to Microsoft man Bill Gates’ €71 billion for one morning only.
Inditex, which owns brands such as Zara, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Oysho has seen its shares go up by 44% in the last year to reach €34.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25