THE Los Barrios Christmas Fair at Hacienda Almoguera is always a festive hit, but organisers want this year’s event to be a charitable occasion.
With 45 stands, a flamenco Christmas choir, ceramic painting and pony rides for children among many other attractions, there is lots to entertain visitors on November 28 and 29.
But as Christmas is a time to remember the less fortunate, Catherine and her family hope guests make a small donation to local charities.
“We would like to ask our guests to donate non perishable food items – rice, pasta or canned foods for the local Food Bank, Banco de Alimentos de Campo Gibraltar.
“Any profit made from the €3 car parking fee goes to Cruz Blanca to help refugees and local families in need.”
Stalls selling pottery, jewellery, children’s clothes and festive favourites such as legs of jamon, minced pies, mulled wine and Christmas trees are sure to get your yuletide off to the perfect start.
The ninth annual fair starts at 11am, with live music in the evening.
Contact: 660 863 437 / 677 591 312
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00