THE Queen must be getting sick of seeing her face on the side of coins.
So it’s probably a good thing there will only be 63 of the latest coin commemorating her becoming the longest-serving monarch, one for each year of her reign.
Gibraltar will release the limited edition 22-carat gold coin on December 1, making them available to collectors and investors worldwide for the price of £1,895.
Queen Elizabeth II became Gibraltar’s longest serving monarch on September 9, which was the day production began on the coins.
They can now be pre-ordered from the Gibraltar Philatelic Bureau.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44