GIBRALTAR is looking ahead to a big break when a World Snooker tournament comes to the Rock for the first time.
The Gibraltar Open, organised by legendary sports empresario Barry Hearn, will feature a host of top snooker talent from December 11-13.
And with Eurosport covering the tournament, world attention will be focused on the Tercentenary Sports Hall for what is the fifth tournament in the 2015/16 Kreativ Dental Clinic European Tour.
Hearn, who is also World Snooker chairman, said: “We are delighted to stage a professional tournament in Gibraltar for the first time.
“We’re excited about the new Gibraltar Open and it’s the perfect chance for fans in the area to see the world’s leading stars.”
A qualifying round for amateurs will take place from December 9-10.
The event is one of six qualifiers with the top 24 players qualifying for the Players Championship in March.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00