THE woman behind a 500,000 signature petition to close UK borders spends most of her time living in Spain.
Online campaign organiser Tina Reeves has come under heavy criticism after she conducted a TV interview from her home in Jaen.
Reeves’ petition to force ministers to debate border control has gained a lot of support following the ISIS attacks in Paris.
However it has now emerged that Reeves spends at least half of her time at her Spanish bolthole and has done so for the past 26 years.
In fact, the 62-year-old is married to a Spanish farmer, Pepe Garcia.
However, the irony is lost on the mother-of-two.
“I don’t think there is hypocrisy,” she said. “I worked in Spain initially, many years ago, before it joined the EU, and I didn’t need open borders to allow me in.
“To the Spanish government I would be an immigrant but not to my friends or children. I can’t see the argument.”
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36