CONSTRUCTION is underway at La Reserva development in Sotogrande for the first time since 2008.
The groundbreaking announcement will see the completion of the final stage of infrastructure, including a full internal road system.
The works, scheduled to be finished in June 2016, will generate 175 direct and indirect jobs.
Marc Topiol, CEO of Sotogrande S.A. said: “With the completion of such activity, La Reserva takes its first step of integrating the community into one defined area which is fully accessible without having to exit the perimeter.
“This therefore enhances security and ease of use.”
An extensive bidding process led to construction firm OHL’s selection as the general contractor, with an €8 million contract.
The works will provide direct access to the area known as ‘La Gran Reserva’, which boasts panoramic sea views overlooking the entire development and golf course.
It follows the recently completed renovation of the La Reserva Golf Club House, which features a newly revamped restaurant.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44