REPORTING crimes has been made a great deal easier thanks to an innovative new app
AlertCops is now available across Spain and allows users to inform police about a crime or security incident straight from their smartphone, whether they are victims or witnesses.
It has been specifically targeted at foreign residents and tourists as it can also be used in English.
It is hoped to improve response times as well as guarantee access to emergency services for people with speech and hearing disabilities.
AlertCops can be downloaded from Google Play and the Apple store.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44