SPAIN’s attempts to attract more foreign students received a boost when it was named second best country in the world for pupils heading abroad.
The inaugural Best Countries rankings from U.S. News & World Report were unveiled at the World Economic Forum at Davos in January.
Spain scored high in culturally accessibility, fun, top-quality universities and cultural attractions, behind only Italy from 60 ranked countries.
“Our Best Countries will help citizens, business leaders and governments evaluate performance in a rapidly changing world,” said Mortimer B. Zuckerman, chairman of U.S. News & World Report.
The publication, which is highly regarded for its ratings of universities, hospitals and other institutions, surveyed 16,248 people.Click to download our FREE guide to Education on the Costa del Sol and Gibraltar
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38