THEY are known as the deadly double act of culinary culture.
Now comics Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon are set to take a journey down south as part of a brand new TV series.
For the third course of their TV comedy The Trip they are set to visit Andalucia, as well as the Basque Region, Cantabria, Aragon, Rioja and Castile La Mancha.
The six-part series will feature the duo’s alter-egos bickering, doing impressions and sampling Spain’s finest food (including manchego cheese and jamon, no doubt).
Filming will start later this year with exact destinations being kept closely under wraps for now.
“Having thought long and hard about yet another sojourn into culinary distractions and middle age, I have reluctantly agreed to Eviva Espana,” Coogan revealed.
The first two editions of director Michael Winterbottom’s programme featured the comic actors driving through northern England and then Italy.
The last series aired on BBC Two more than three years ago, but Sky Atlantic have now snapped up the popular show.
“I’m looking forward to reuniting with Steve and Michael for The Trip to Spain,” said Brydon.
“Same format? Same jokes!”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00