A DRUG gang linked to alleged Costa del Sol trafficker Robert Dawes have been jailed.
Dawes was arrested at his Benalmadena villa in November 2015 and is currently awaiting trial in France.
Spanish authorities accuse the Nottingham man of running Europe’s ‘largest criminal organisation dedicated to drug trafficking, money laundering and murder’.
His eight alleged associates were sentenced at Nottingham Crown Court following the 2013 seizure of 1.3 tonnes of cocaine in Paris.
The haul, worth around €200 million, is thought to be the biggest ever in the French capital.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00