A NEW €200 million light rail tram is set to radically transform the Campo de Gibraltar by linking Algeciras with La Linea.
The planned service would also connect Los Barrios and San Roque and will be funded by EU investment.
It is hoped the rail could also be used by the area’s big industrial businesses such as Cepsa and Acerinox.
Luis Angel Fernandez, head of the Town Council Association, put forward his support for the project to the Campo de Gibraltar Economic and Social Council today,
The plans are part of Cadiz’s €1.3 billion Integral Territory (ITI) regeneration programme.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00