GERMAN tourists are lining up to tee off on the Costa del Sol.
Over the past year, the number of Germans heading to the Costa del Sol has gone up 10%, according to the president of the Council of Tourism Costa del Sol, Elias Bendodo.
And Bendodo attributes the rise of German visitors to a newfound love of Costa del Sol golf courses.
“The Costa del Sol offers unique conditions for playing golf and has all the necessary resources for the fans of this sport looking for a place where they also play the coldest months,” he said.
“The PGA of Germany will be our best ally in promoting our courses.”
Lufthansa is introducing two additional weekly flights between Germany and Malaga, while Germania increased its weekly flights to 18 last year to cater for the increased demand.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36