A MAN has been arrested in Malaga in connection with the Paris Jewish supermarket attack in January of last year.
A French national was seized in Rincon de la Victoria yesterday, Spanish police have announced.
He is suspected of fronting up an arms trafficking ring which supplied weapons to Amedy Coulibaly, the man who staged the supermarket attack and murdered five people following the Charlie Hebdo massacre.
Antoine Denevi, 27 from northern France is reported to have moved to Spain after the attacks and El Mundo reported the attack yesterday.
“He moved to Malaga where he continued illegal activities using fake identification,” the police have announced in a statement.
Spanish and French forces worked together to make the arrest which also saw a Serbian and a person from Montenegro.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25