EIRE Og Seville claimed the 2016 Andalucian Gaelic football championship in dramatic fashion.
Beating both the Gibraltar Gaels and the Costa Gaels on home turf, the Sevilla outfit were tied on 14 points with Gibraltar at the end of play.
A shortened playoff then saw the home side beat Gibraltar for the second time that day to claim the trophy.
A questionable disallowed goal in the first fixture ultimately cost Gibraltar Gaels the championship.
At the start of play all three teams were in with a chance of winning the trophy. However, the Costa Gaels faint hope of glory was extinguished after losing the opener to Sevilla.
A victory for Gibraltar Gaels over their Marbella counterparts set up a nervy playoff in which the home side’s strength in depth proved decisive.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00