THERE will be plenty to celebrate at Smart Currency Exchange’s second anniversary this June.
The La Cala-based company offers UK clients buying in Spain superb money-saving services.
It is the only currency exchange service recommended by Rightmove Overseas and A Place In The Sun, with even the Radio Times recommending the team to its readers.
Jo Kilcourse, who oversees the Spanish operation from the office in the heart of La Cala, is delighted with the location.
“It’s very central and ideal as most of our business is done between Malaga and Estepona and there are lots of already established businesses here,” says Jo, who has lived in Spain for 13 years.
She and her team, including Tracey, Katie and Mark Rickard, put their success down to client care.
“Our traders are not paid in commission so we are able to give our clients much better rates. In fact, we are one of the only currency companies to do this as we believe in helping our clients save as much as possible.”
“We can sometimes get our clients up to 5% more for their money than using the high street banks which means that buyers can look at more expensive properties and sellers are getting more for their money when sending their funds back to the UK.”
Smart , which has grown ten-fold in two years, also works with sister company, The Spain Buying Guide. As part of the service, they can help their clients buy safely in Spain by recommending estate agents, solicitors and even mortgage companies.
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02