HOLLAND & Barrett Spain have proudly announced that their British franchisor, Holland & Barrett International, has today been granted the Queen’s Award for International Trade.
Widely regarded as the most prestigious business awards programme in the UK, The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are announced each year on the Queen’s birthday (21st April), and aim to celebrate UK businesses leading the way in international trade, innovation and sustainable development across a broad range of sectors from car manufacturing through to fashion to retailing.
Holland & Barrett International has recently completed its 28th consecutive quarter of growth with an annual growth rate of over 10%. In its last financial year, Holland & Barrett saw sales increase from £513.6m in 2014 to £573.8m in 2015, with around 26% (£133m) representing international sales.
Ildefonso Aparicio, Operations Manager said of the award: “We are proud of our British franchisor, Holland & Barrett International, being honoured with an award of such accolade from the Her Majesty, The Queen. We at Holland & Barrett Spain have contributed to the global expansion of the business and are looking forward to further growth as the market for health and wellness here continues to develop.”
Under the rules of the Queen’s Award for International Trade, for the next five years Holland & Barrett will be permitted to fly the award flag from its UK headquarters and will be able to deploy the award emblem across a wide range advertising and on packaging for products manufactured in the UK for export.
A formal presentation of the award will be made to Holland & Barrett in the UK by a representative of Her Majesty, The Queen in June.
Holland and Barrett Spain have four stores located in Andalucia – in Marbella, Fuengirola, Sevilla and Granada. For more information go to Facebook.com/HBAndalucia or call their Spanish flagship store in Fuengirola on +34 952 58 68 49
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER! :Expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections – in which FINALLY foreigners count - 24 May, 2019 @ 01:45
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- JOBS: Marbella’s Starlite Festival looking for 400 workers this summer, find out how to apply here - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- WATCH: Car goes up in flames in Estepona - 13 May, 2019 @ 16:57
- How the British approach to gambling could benefit Spain - 13 May, 2019 @ 14:17
- ABSOLUTE MELTER: Heatwave hits Spain’s Andalucia as temperatures soar to 35C - 11 May, 2019 @ 18:19