HOLLAND & Barrett Spain have proudly announced that their British franchisor, Holland & Barrett International, has today been granted the Queen’s Award for International Trade.
Widely regarded as the most prestigious business awards programme in the UK, The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are announced each year on the Queen’s birthday (21st April), and aim to celebrate UK businesses leading the way in international trade, innovation and sustainable development across a broad range of sectors from car manufacturing through to fashion to retailing.
Holland & Barrett International has recently completed its 28th consecutive quarter of growth with an annual growth rate of over 10%. In its last financial year, Holland & Barrett saw sales increase from £513.6m in 2014 to £573.8m in 2015, with around 26% (£133m) representing international sales.
Ildefonso Aparicio, Operations Manager said of the award: “We are proud of our British franchisor, Holland & Barrett International, being honoured with an award of such accolade from the Her Majesty, The Queen. We at Holland & Barrett Spain have contributed to the global expansion of the business and are looking forward to further growth as the market for health and wellness here continues to develop.”
Under the rules of the Queen’s Award for International Trade, for the next five years Holland & Barrett will be permitted to fly the award flag from its UK headquarters and will be able to deploy the award emblem across a wide range advertising and on packaging for products manufactured in the UK for export.
A formal presentation of the award will be made to Holland & Barrett in the UK by a representative of Her Majesty, The Queen in June.
Holland and Barrett Spain have four stores located in Andalucia – in Marbella, Fuengirola, Sevilla and Granada. For more information go to Facebook.com/HBAndalucia or call their Spanish flagship store in Fuengirola on +34 952 58 68 49
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14