SPAIN has issued arrest warrants for 12 Russians alleged to be involved with a crime syndicate operating out of Spain.
Among others, a Spanish judge wants Russian MP Vladislav Reznik, deputy head of the Federal Drug Control Service and former KGB colleague of Vladimir Putin Nikolai Aulov, and former deputy head of the Russian prosecution service’s investigation committee Igor Sobolevsky, to stand trial in Spain.
The move follows a ten year investigation into the Tambov Gang which operated out of Spain.
The charges against the 12 are said to include murder, arms trafficking, drug smuggling, extortion, fraud and money laundering.
“(The Tambov group) maintains strong links with political, economic, legal and security powers in Russia and also with members of other international criminal organizations,” Judge Jose de la Mata wrote in the document seen by Reuters.
The document claims all 12 named had dealings with the syndicate’s alleged leader, Gennady Petrov, who was arrested in Spain in 2008 but who has since fled the country.
It alleges that Petrov moved the Tambov Gang away from St. Petersburg in 1998 when he relocated to Spain.
He is believed to have laundered millions of euros earned from international criminal activity through several Spanish firms before sending the money abroad to the 12 named.
It is believed Petrov’s Spain operation had close links with Russia and was aided by a network of lawyers and middlemen.
Warrants were also issued for Reznik’s wife, Diana Gindin, and Petrov’s son, Anton, along with business figures Irina Ussova, Viktor Gavrilenkov, Sergei Kuzmin, Arkady Buravoy, Ilya Traber, Pavel Kudryashov and Oleg Noskov.
The Kremlin is yet to comment.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33