SPAIN has issued arrest warrants for 12 Russians alleged to be involved with a crime syndicate operating out of Spain.
Among others, a Spanish judge wants Russian MP Vladislav Reznik, deputy head of the Federal Drug Control Service and former KGB colleague of Vladimir Putin Nikolai Aulov, and former deputy head of the Russian prosecution service’s investigation committee Igor Sobolevsky, to stand trial in Spain.
The move follows a ten year investigation into the Tambov Gang which operated out of Spain.
The charges against the 12 are said to include murder, arms trafficking, drug smuggling, extortion, fraud and money laundering.
“(The Tambov group) maintains strong links with political, economic, legal and security powers in Russia and also with members of other international criminal organizations,” Judge Jose de la Mata wrote in the document seen by Reuters.
The document claims all 12 named had dealings with the syndicate’s alleged leader, Gennady Petrov, who was arrested in Spain in 2008 but who has since fled the country.
It alleges that Petrov moved the Tambov Gang away from St. Petersburg in 1998 when he relocated to Spain.
He is believed to have laundered millions of euros earned from international criminal activity through several Spanish firms before sending the money abroad to the 12 named.
It is believed Petrov’s Spain operation had close links with Russia and was aided by a network of lawyers and middlemen.
Warrants were also issued for Reznik’s wife, Diana Gindin, and Petrov’s son, Anton, along with business figures Irina Ussova, Viktor Gavrilenkov, Sergei Kuzmin, Arkady Buravoy, Ilya Traber, Pavel Kudryashov and Oleg Noskov.
The Kremlin is yet to comment.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13