AN expat author has penned a book about Andalucia’s most famous railway line.
Titled Mr Henderson’s Railway – Algeciras to Ronda by Train, expat Nick Nutter follows the enterprise undertaken by fellow Brit Sir Alexander Henderson in the 19th century.
Stopping off at each village along the track, Nutter explains how Mr Henderson’s railway – and ferry from Algeciras to Gibraltar – connected the Rock with the rest of Spain.
Nutter has also published books on Andalucia’s Sherry Triangle as well as travel guide The Road to Manilva.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36