IT was the most exciting restaurant launch of the summer so far.
The great and the good of Marbella stepped out for a taster of what is expected to make The Oak Garden & Grill mighty.
Appropriately centred around a stunning oak tree that has been installed at a cost of thousands, the views up towards La Concha mountain are amazing.
Local business figures mingled with footballers and models at the venue in Puerto Banus, which is part of the La Sala group.
Champagne flowed sweetly alongside some of the country’s best jamon iberico from Jabugo, in Aracena.
Head chef James Adams has created an intriguing international menu, with a range of exciting dishes, including cognac-infused Lobster Bisque and freshly-flaked Alaskan crab ceviche with avocado.
Long-time Marbella restaurateur Garry Waite has been drafted in to help make the restaurant a success.
There are 10 types of beef, including Wagyu and American Black Angus, while guests got to try out a taster of the stunning Galician beef, served with cherry tomatoes.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00