A UK Prime Minister is to visit Gibraltar for the first time in 47 years.
David Cameron will address a rally in support of Europe tomorrow afternoon.
It is the first time a British leader has visited the Rock since 1968.
Tory leader Cameron will address a Stronger in Europe rally alongside First Minister Fabian Picardo.
“I am also going to address the crowd to give the event the Gibraltar angle also,” said Picardo this evening.
“This is a great and historic event for Gibraltar. It demonstrates the commitment to Gibraltar that Mr Cameron has displayed since we were first elected.”
“Gibraltarians now need to turn out massively to support this visit. We need to fill Casemates completely, however hot it may be tomorrow, with Gibraltarians of all generations to show our support for the Remain campaign and for David Cameron himself.”
Reaction from Spain has so far been muted, in particular because the country is keen for the UK to stay in Europe.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00