SHOCKED holiaymakers on the Costa del Sol filmed migrants as they headed for the hills after arriving on the beach in a dinghy.
A couple in Fuengirola saw a packed out dinghy approaching the shore as they were enjoying the views from their balcony.
Around 20 men, adorning back packs, rushed from the shores to behind four star hotels and the hills beyond.
“My girlfriend was on the balcony first and she saw the boat come in,” said the 25-year-old tourist from Bristol, who was on holiday at the Hotel Holiday Hydros spa resort with his 23-year-old partner last week.
“At first she thought it was kids on a school trip. They were packed into the boat. She said they looked really happy and were smiling.
“Then she called me and said ‘come and see this’ because as soon as they started running it looked strange.
“They were running the up the beach, across the road and over the railway tracks.
“It was quite shocking to see. I’d never seen anything like it before.”
The group of suspected migrants landed on June 7 on a beach between Fuengirola and Benalmadena.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33