SHOCKED holiaymakers on the Costa del Sol filmed migrants as they headed for the hills after arriving on the beach in a dinghy.
A couple in Fuengirola saw a packed out dinghy approaching the shore as they were enjoying the views from their balcony.
Around 20 men, adorning back packs, rushed from the shores to behind four star hotels and the hills beyond.
“My girlfriend was on the balcony first and she saw the boat come in,” said the 25-year-old tourist from Bristol, who was on holiday at the Hotel Holiday Hydros spa resort with his 23-year-old partner last week.
“At first she thought it was kids on a school trip. They were packed into the boat. She said they looked really happy and were smiling.
“Then she called me and said ‘come and see this’ because as soon as they started running it looked strange.
“They were running the up the beach, across the road and over the railway tracks.
“It was quite shocking to see. I’d never seen anything like it before.”
The group of suspected migrants landed on June 7 on a beach between Fuengirola and Benalmadena.
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37