SHOCKED holiaymakers on the Costa del Sol filmed migrants as they headed for the hills after arriving on the beach in a dinghy.
A couple in Fuengirola saw a packed out dinghy approaching the shore as they were enjoying the views from their balcony.
Around 20 men, adorning back packs, rushed from the shores to behind four star hotels and the hills beyond.
“My girlfriend was on the balcony first and she saw the boat come in,” said the 25-year-old tourist from Bristol, who was on holiday at the Hotel Holiday Hydros spa resort with his 23-year-old partner last week.
“At first she thought it was kids on a school trip. They were packed into the boat. She said they looked really happy and were smiling.
“Then she called me and said ‘come and see this’ because as soon as they started running it looked strange.
“They were running the up the beach, across the road and over the railway tracks.
“It was quite shocking to see. I’d never seen anything like it before.”
The group of suspected migrants landed on June 7 on a beach between Fuengirola and Benalmadena.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19