A SPANIARD who is the only Westerner working in North Korea has praised the reclusive state.
Alejandro Cao de Benos, from Barcelona, labelled its leader Kim Jong Un as ‘humble’ and said North Koreans are the ‘Latinos of Asia’.
The 42-year-old IT consultant is an honorary special delegate for the DPRK’s Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries.
“I feel Catalan and Spanish by birth and North Korean by adoption,” he said.
“I would say that the North Koreans are the “Latinos” of Asia. Compared to my Japanese, Chinese or Thai friends, Koreans show their feelings, like hugging family members and friends, crying, laughing and being quite expressive.”
Alejandro became intrigued with North Korea when he was growing up, and now visits the repressive regime twice a month as a part of his role.
He claims to receive a warm reception each time he visits.
Inspired to improve North Korea’s international image, Alejandro created the Korean Friendship Association in the year 2000.
It has since amassed official representatives across 28 countries, including Spain, Italy, Norway, Brazil, Germany and Russia.
He has met the previous leader Kim Jong II as well as his son and current leader Kim Jong Un, describing them as ‘servants of the people’ and ‘very humble and hardworking.’
He said: “While our leader Kim Jong Il had to pass the most difficult time in hard economic conditions and under pressure from the USA, he always had a smile on his face when he was among his citizens.”
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20