A SPANIARD who is the only Westerner working in North Korea has praised the reclusive state.
Alejandro Cao de Benos, from Barcelona, labelled its leader Kim Jong Un as ‘humble’ and said North Koreans are the ‘Latinos of Asia’.
The 42-year-old IT consultant is an honorary special delegate for the DPRK’s Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries.
“I feel Catalan and Spanish by birth and North Korean by adoption,” he said.
“I would say that the North Koreans are the “Latinos” of Asia. Compared to my Japanese, Chinese or Thai friends, Koreans show their feelings, like hugging family members and friends, crying, laughing and being quite expressive.”
Alejandro became intrigued with North Korea when he was growing up, and now visits the repressive regime twice a month as a part of his role.
He claims to receive a warm reception each time he visits.
Inspired to improve North Korea’s international image, Alejandro created the Korean Friendship Association in the year 2000.
It has since amassed official representatives across 28 countries, including Spain, Italy, Norway, Brazil, Germany and Russia.
He has met the previous leader Kim Jong II as well as his son and current leader Kim Jong Un, describing them as ‘servants of the people’ and ‘very humble and hardworking.’
He said: “While our leader Kim Jong Il had to pass the most difficult time in hard economic conditions and under pressure from the USA, he always had a smile on his face when he was among his citizens.”
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33