June 23, 2016 will become a key date in British history like 1066 or 1812 and remembered for centuries.
Leaving the EU will immediately lead to massive financial speculation causing major movements worldwide in currencies, stocks and government bonds and the value of all things dependent upon them.
Some will make fortunes, but the majority in the UK and gradually in Europe will be poorer, eventually seeing that they will have little hope of regaining their once healthy economic situation.
The EU will be poorer without the UK and will have received a huge blow to its confidence and that of the other trading economies of the world, from which it will stagger and may even collapse financially.
It too will spend months and years trying to recover its balance, losing productivity due to that and becoming poorer compared to the rest of the world.
The world economy is also not in a strong state so the major change that will have occurred could lead to another worldwide recession as everyone else works to analyse and then gain advantage from the changes that have occurred.
So the inexorable transfer of global power will speed ever quicker eastwards, bit by bit turning Europe into a sideshow of squabbling, once-great arrogant nations.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36