IT is impossible to overstate the importance of this week’s referendum vote.
For expats in Spain, the sword of Damocles hangs over us.
The PP has warned expats could lose their right to work if Britain leaves, and that it would push for joint sovereignty over Gibraltar.
Then there is the issue of health care, thousands of home purchases being scrapped with the pound bombing and less tourists arriving.
Michael Gove’s lunatic assertion that ‘people have had enough of experts’ says it all about Leave’s ugly campaign of non-truths.
Meanwhile, Nigel Farage has pandered to base fears about immigration. Boris Johnson has opportunistically thrown his lot in with the side he hopes will deliver him to Number 10.
Britain deserves better than their vision of our future.
So, if you haven’t already done so – get on the phone and urge all your family and friends back home to vote to Remain a part of a peaceful and prosperous Europe moving forwards.
Either that, or run the risk of letting a barrel load of xenophobic cranks and misfits decide on the future of our children for generations to come.
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38
- BREXIT: Everything British expats in Spain need to know - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 17:25
- Top 5 Travel Apps to Use in 2019 - 12 Feb, 2019 @ 09:14