IT is impossible to overstate the importance of this week’s referendum vote.
For expats in Spain, the sword of Damocles hangs over us.
The PP has warned expats could lose their right to work if Britain leaves, and that it would push for joint sovereignty over Gibraltar.
Then there is the issue of health care, thousands of home purchases being scrapped with the pound bombing and less tourists arriving.
Michael Gove’s lunatic assertion that ‘people have had enough of experts’ says it all about Leave’s ugly campaign of non-truths.
Meanwhile, Nigel Farage has pandered to base fears about immigration. Boris Johnson has opportunistically thrown his lot in with the side he hopes will deliver him to Number 10.
Britain deserves better than their vision of our future.
So, if you haven’t already done so – get on the phone and urge all your family and friends back home to vote to Remain a part of a peaceful and prosperous Europe moving forwards.
Either that, or run the risk of letting a barrel load of xenophobic cranks and misfits decide on the future of our children for generations to come.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14