A PETITION for expat representation in UK parliament has garnered over 1,000 signatories.
The petition demands that the large body of expats in Europe (estimated at 1.3 million) as well as 30,000 Gibraltarians are given an official voice in Parliament.
Incredibly, our group has no MP or other government body to represent us in London.
And in the wake of Brexit it is more important than ever that British expat rights to live and work across Europe is protected.
After submitting our own petition on change.org and to the UK petitions committee the Olive Press is now backing an existing petition which already has the backing of 1,000 signatories.
The petition needs to reach 10,000 by September 17 in order to warrant a response from government.
If it reaches over 100,000 signatories then the issue must be raised in the House of Commons.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36