Frank’s Restaurant has been transformed after hosting Germany’s answer to Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares.
TV chef Frank Rosin and his team, alongside interior designers, spent four days re-training the staff and kitting out the dining area.
“It’s amazing, we are all in shock,” the restaurant’s publicist Claudia Langer, 54, told the Olive Press, “We were all in tears, even head chef Frank had a tear in his eye!”
The basic green and plastic tables and chairs received simple wooden replacements, while a new ‘chill-out’ zone and flower beds added the final touches.
Following the Kitchen Nightmare’s formula, the restaurant hosted 30 test-eaters, who ranked the restaurant out of ten across five categories of food, drink, ambience, value and service.
“Although we were quite shocked to only get 19 out of 50, the feedback was positive and we learned so much so it was really helpful,” said Claudia.
The training and makeover aimed to address the criticisms of the test eaters before they were invited to score the restaurant again on the final day of filming.
“We want to support local produce and we aim to have no Italian or French wines, only Spanish,” he said.
Star of the show Rosin said he knows the madeover eating spot will be a success.
“We have a formula that works and is very successful,” he told the Olive Press, “They are going to do just fine, and if they need any advice me and my team are just a phone call away.”
Asked what he thinks about Marbella’s food scene he said: “I love Marbella, I have been coming here since the 1980’s, but you either have very good restaurant’s or very bad, there is nothing in between.”
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22