THE chef behind the world-renowned Azurmendi Bilbao is set to set up shop in a new restaurant in London.
Eneko Atka will open the doors to his self-named restaurant Eneko on August 1 at the prestigious One Aldwych hotel.
And for the month of August all meals will be half price.
Work at the Covent Garden-based hotel began last winter, after three-time Michelin star chef Atka announced the news of a London venture.
And hotel general manager Kostar Sfaltos has like what he has seen from the Basque chef.
“Eneko has incredible vision and passion for Basque cuisine and shares the same high standards of quality, quest for innovation and respect for traditions as we do,” he said.
The restaurant will focus on Atxa’s ‘fresh modern Basque dishes’ and dishes include Traditional Talo, Cod Bizkaina and Basque Style Risotto.
In next week’s Olive Press, editor Jon Clarke will be reviewing Atka’s prized Azurmendi Bilbao.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36