A SPANISH family who witnessed the fatal knife attack in London last night were the first to deal with the bloody aftermath.
Fernando, a 40-year-old Brazilian cyclist, was called over by the family as he was riding past the scene in Russell Square.
“The Spanish family just stopped me, just asked me ‘Call someone, call an ambulance’,” he said.
“There were three people stabbed. The older woman was slumping against the gates, and it was another two people. One of the Spanish family was comforting the older woman.”
While he had not seen the attacker, the Spaniards were able to give details to the Police.
They told officers the assailant had been wearing black shorts and a white shirt, and was covering his face as he made sweeping and stabbing motions.
“The moment the police arrived, they asked them if the man had been shouting,” Fernando added.
“They said that he didn’t say anything. They said that when he stabbed the people he didn’t shout or scream anything.”
He added that the Spanish family had described the attacker as a “chubby-faced” white man.
The attacker is now known to be a 19-year-old Norwegian of Somali origin who suffers from mental health issues.
The attack left one 60-year-old American dead.
Two women and three men suffered ‘various injuries’ in the attack, with two remaining in hospital and the other three discharged.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14