AN unattended suitcase caused chaos in Nerja.
A South Korean tourist triggered a bomb scare at the seaside resort when she strapped her suitcase to a public bench at the Balcon de Europa.
Hundreds of holidaymakers were evacuated by TEDEX agents from Spain’s specially-trained bomb disposal unit after being called in by local officials.
The entire area was sealed off until the agents had inspected the bag.
After agents determined that the bag was of no threat, the apologetic tourist returned to reclaim her suitcase.
She claimed that she was travelling alone and wanted to go for a bite to eat without lugging her suitcase around.
She was not charged with any crime.
- Spotlight on Oscar winning director Pedro Almodovar - 1 Sep, 2016 @ 15:56
- Know your tomatoes: Spain’s obsession with the red (and green) fruit - 27 Aug, 2016 @ 14:05
- From bears to wolves the search is on for Spain’s wild animals - 21 Aug, 2016 @ 10:00
- Five members of infamous Pink Panther gang arrested in €400,000 jewellery heist - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 09:55
- Katie Price slammed for joke about her son during Spain trip - 17 Aug, 2016 @ 19:16
- Mariano Rajoy to agree to Ciudadanos six demands in Spanish prime minister talks - 17 Aug, 2016 @ 11:51
- Albert Rivera’s Ciudadanos take steps to try to allow Rajoy to form a government - 16 Aug, 2016 @ 14:45
- American actress Sigourney Weaver to be honoured at San Sebastian film festival - 15 Aug, 2016 @ 14:30
- Mexican bullfighter gored at Malaga feria - 15 Aug, 2016 @ 13:03
- Brain food: the science behind taste - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00