A NEW poll has shown that Europeans want Britain to be punished in the Brexit negotiations.
While an Ipsos Mori survey of people from 16 different countries found that 49% of Brits were sad about their departure from the EU, some of their closest neighbours are hoping to serve them their ‘comeuppance’.
The French were the least upset by the divorce with only 25% saying they were sad to see Britain leave.
But to add insult to injury, they had the most amount of people who think the UK should be given an ‘unfavourable’ Brexit deal, with 39% believing it will discourage other exits.
Belgians came a close second with 34%, while 30% of Spaniards and 28% of Italians also believe Britain should be punished.
Some 43% of Italians are ready to boycott British goods, the most inclined to do so, followed by the Spanish with 37% and Germans on 33%.
Some 56% of Brits said the UK should be given a favourable deal.
Adults aged under 65 were quizzed online in Belgium, France, Britain, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, and Sweden.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40