SANLUCAR de Barrameda will host its annual horse racing on the beach August 12-14 and 26-28, with races beginning every evening around 6pm.
Horses have raced on Sanlucar beach since at least 1845, when a horse racing society was formed.
Without all the posh of your traditional race track, families are welcome to bring their beach chairs to the event and get close to the action.
Riskier family members may also want to bring their pocketbooks, as the Sanlucar de Barrameda Tourism Delegation has confirmed that attendees will be able to bet on the races.
For more information, email [email protected]
- From Nerja to Manilva: How far has construction of the record-breaking La Senda Litoral walkway progressed? - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 17:53
- Holiday season boosts Spanish train service Renfe - 19 Aug, 2016 @ 14:40
- Floating lanterns banned from Manilva’s Luna Llena festival - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 14:00
- Basque Culinary World Prize awarded to Venezuelan chef - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Spain faces uphill battle to meet new EU emissions goals - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 12:00
- Nerja welcomes hometown World Combat Jujitsu champion - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 17:14
- Dani Garcia opens new restaurant in Puente Romano - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Huge pharma company investing almost €300m into UK post-Brexit - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 09:52
- Spain paying €300m a year in pensions to people who are dead - 11 Aug, 2016 @ 09:02
- Evening horse racing on Sanlucar beach in August - 10 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00